There are a few courses that NHAND has already approved for CE Credit, and there is a process for courses to be approved through NHAND (see below). We also provide our members with opportunities to obtain approved CE credits. As a member, attending the quarterly NHAND meeting provides 1 hour of continuing education credit on various topics, including Grand Round discussions.
Here are the requirements for naturopathic continuing education in New Hampshire.
NDs with a NH license are required to renew their license every 2 years and providing documentation of the following continuing education is required.
|CEU Total||45 Hours*|
|Specialty Hours – if you are applying for specialty license renewal only||12 Hours (of the remaining 33)|
- There are a number of courses that have been approved directly by the New Hampshire Association of Naturopathic Doctors. Please refer to the following document
NHAND CE Committee
- Does not authorize, issue or grant CEs certificates for courses. (For example: NHAND seeks CE approval for the annual NHAND conference attendees by submitting all presentations and applications to the AANP for a comprehensive review.
- NHAND does not have the resources to review applications submitted by presenters and removed the presenter application from the website many months ago. We encourage you to seek approval from the AANP or larger state ND organizations.
- The NHAND CE committee reviews courses and approves them for submission to the NH Board of Examiners. The approval by the NHAND CE Committee does not list NHAND as the issuer of CE credit for courses.
- For courses not listed as approved, the NHAND CE Committee has established the following process to secure approval of new CE courses prior to submission to the NH Board of Examiners for license renewal in NH:
- This service is available to active NHAND members. For non-NHAND members or presenters of courses- you will need to seek CE approval from an organization such as the AANP or one of the accredited naturopathic schools.
- Fill out an application for CE Course Approval
- Processing of application will take up to 8 weeks
- NHAND will no longer be accepting paper copies as of October 1, 2017 – Go green, take a picture or scan CE Course Approval application and email to CE@NHAND.org
- Send application with all requested documentation to:
- email: CE@NHAND.org
- NHAND CE committee does not review and issue a specific # of CE credits of pharmacology per course. These need to be already established by the course presenter. We can only review and determine # of CE credits of an outline and slides of the course is submitted with the application.
- NHAND no longer accepts CE review for non-NHAND members
- NHAND no longer accepts submissions from presenters. These should be granted CEs from a larger body such as the AANP or one of the accredited medical schools.
In order for continuing education to be approved, the New Hampshire Board of Naturopathic Examiners has set forth the following criteria (open link below):