Did you know that June is Men’s Health Month? Here are the Top Ten Things You can Do to Take Care of Your Man’s Health
- Since June is men’s health month, it is important to make sure you keep track of these top ten things to take care of your man’s health. Make his doctor appointment for a yearly check up today! Research proves that men do not take care of their health regularly. In addition to your ND, consider making appointments with your primary care doctor, if separate from your ND, your dermatologist who can check your skin for any unusual skin growths, dentist, and eye doctor are a good start. Also, be sure to get a colon cancer screening by age 45.
- Get exercise together! Go out for a walk or hike during a lunch break or after work. It is only 150 minutes per week. Much has been written about health benefits from regular exercise, pure and simple, try to aim for 30 minutes a day.
- 3. Encourage him to maintain a healthy waist-size, under 40 inches in circumference.
- Plan to eat more natural, whole foods such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and fiber rich products. Add beans, fruits such as berries, apples, and avocadoes, vegetables, such as broccoli, whole grain bread, popcorn, and nuts.
- Have him get the prostate checked during your annual visit. In its early stages, Prostate cancer has no symptoms, talk to your doctor about how to monitor.
- Be sure to take necessary vitamins. Talk to your N.D. about vitamins and nutrition. Your genetic makeup, diet, and environment are unique. Your N.D. can help you decide which vitamin supplements are right for you.
- While it may be difficult, he can commit to breaking unhealthy habits such as smoking, excessive drinking or over eating. Temptations are everywhere. Be sure to make intentions known, get the assistance you need by finding a support group or even a friend to help you.
- Make sure that he protects and checks his skin, be sure to see your dermatologist on a yearly basis.
- Get a first colon cancer screening by age 45, some doctors recommend 50, if you are in a high risk group.
- Identify stressors in his life and outline a plan to overcome them.
Encourage a step-by-step approach that you can do together! Since June is Men’s Health Month, do these top 10 things to take care of your man’s health! You will find it not only rewarding, but a fun activity where you can encourage each other.